Welcome to our website !

Laos: Travel Fashion

By August 14, 2015 , , , , ,

If you follow my Instagram account, you'll know that I made a recent visit to Laos. "Laos? What's in Laos? Is that even a country?" That's generally the reaction I seemed to get when I told people that my husband and I were taking a trip there. Yes, it's a tiny country in Southeast Asia that probably suffers some neglect when compared to other popular tourist destinations like Thailand and Vietnam. But Laos turned out to be one of the best trips we've done in a while! I'll be sharing a separate travel post with tips and recommendations on what to do and where to go if you visit the city of Luang Prabang.

As any country in Southeast Asia during the month of August, the weather was quite hot and uncomfortable during the day (with some relief from the seasonal rains). But I couldn't necessarily pack shorts and skimpy tops for the whole trip! We had plans to visit the many famous temples of Luang Prabang and partake in the daily morning ritual of offering alms to the monks, which required conservative dressing. So I had to strike the balance of being covered while still wearing light, breathable clothing. This outfit I wore on the first day was actually perfect for the weather. The loose neoprene top was very breathable as were those bright yellow pants!
Top: SheInside | Pants: Zara | Sandals: Charles & Keith
Purse: Ralph Lauren | Sunglasses: Polaroid
Shopping around the local street market of Luang Prabang
Funky artwork and paintings at the street market
It was a hot, hot day but that didn't deter us from exploring the
quaint alleys and interesting corners of the city
Drinks with the hubby at a local cafe we stumbled upon that overlooked the Mekong River
Posing in front of an old, abandoned Buddhist temple...because that's just what bloggers do!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Interesting post. I like your photos and also Laos itself is a good destination for a holiday break.

    Thank you
    Hamid

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your comments. If you enjoy reading Urban Mantra, please follow me on Instagram and Facebook as well. Thanks!